In advance of the forthcoming Birmingham City Council Elections on the 3rd May Birmingham Against the Cuts wrote to all candidates for their position of 5 pledges:
- To support the campaign to oppose the privatisation of our leisure services (as advertised in the European Journal), and to work to ensure that no other public services are privatised, outsourced, or mutualised.
- To support the campaign to oppose any reduction in local library services (including opening hours)
- To support the campaign to oppose any closures in our Children Homes, Nurseries and Sure Start centres
- To support the campaign to oppose the reduction in Connexions and Youth Services by working to re-open offices for young people in the areas of highest unemployment and arguing to reinstate pre 2008 funding levels as youth unemployment reaches record levels.
- To support the campaign against public service job cuts and to ensure quality public services are…
View original post 748 more words